Rational Expressions and Functions
A rational expression is the quotient of two polynomials.
5. Simplify: .
6. Simplify: .
7. Find the domain of .
Homework: pg. 429 #15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31,33,35,37,45,47
Multiplication and Division of Rational Expressions
3, For and ,find f(x)·g(x).
3. For and , find g(x) ÷ f(x).
Homework: pg. 438 #5,7,9,11,13,1517,19,23,25,27,29,31,33,35,37,39,41,43,45,51,53
Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions with the Same
Add or Subtract.
Homework: pg. 446 #11,,13,15,17,21,27,29,31,33,35,37,41,4351,53,55,57
Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions with Unlike
Homework: pg. 454 #21,23,25,27,29,31,33,35
Homework: pg. 460 #11,13,15,17,23,25,27
Homework: pg. 468 #15,17,19,21,23,27,31,35,37,39,41,43,45
1. The sum of the reciprocal of a number and is . Find the number.
2. The sum of the reciprocal of a number and is . Find the number
3. One positive number is 9 less than another positive
number. If two times the
4. One positive number is four larger than another
positive number. If the reciprocal
5. Nick drove 24 miles, one way, to deliver a package. On
the way home he drove
6. Ellen ran 7 miles this morning. After running the first
3 miles, she increased her
Homework: pg. 481 #7,13,15,33